Lamentations 3:41 says;
Let us lift our heart with our hands into God in heavens.
Colossians 4:2 says;
Continue in prayer and watch in the same with thanksgiving.
We all pray for a number of reasons; loved ones, education, thanksgiving and so on.
I see prayer as a means of communicating with God. It’s my one on one time with God. When praying I surrender my all to Him, without fear of judgement and criticism. I share all my personal thoughts with Him.
I remember while growing up I never gave much thought to praying for and over anything. I always wondered why it was so important to pray. Whenever I went to church, the only time i was seen active was when it came to dancing to songs of praise, but when it came to the time of intersession and personal supplication I always kept my mouth shut, because I didn’t know how to pray. I remember at Sunday school, we always sang a song titled Prayer is the Key;
Prayer is the Key ×2
Prayer is the master Key
Jesus started with prayer and ended with prayer
Prayer is the master key.
It wasn’t up until I became much older that I began to find my identity in Christ, I became closer to God. I began to understand the importance of communicating with God through prayers and what it entails.
Here are some of the reasons why i pray
- I pray to feel at ease with myself .
- I pray to have peace in all aspects of my life and family.
- I pray for healing from all sorts of pain.
- I pray for change and unexplainable favour and blessing.
- I pray for protection from all forces that try to pull me down.
- I pray for hope and belief of what I desire.
- I pray to have a better communication with God.
- I pray for the wellbeing of my family.
- I pray for God’s will to be established in my life.
- I pray for help in time of crises
- I thank God for all he has done for me in the past, present and what he is yet to do in the future.
I could keep listing out my reasons for praying and never finish but I will stop here.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 says
Pray without ceasing.
I encourage you to pray, even if it’s just for a minute or two, endeavor to say a little prayer before you step out and when you wake up in the morning or when you are at work.
Till next time ❤